The ClickDimensions solution includes a link on the Contact and Lead forms to a Profile that shows a summary of visit and form data for the Contact/Lead data. (See here for an overview.)
If subsequent customizations to your CRM result in the Profile link being removed from the Contact or Lead navigation, follow the steps in this article to add the Profile link back. This procedure applies for CRM versions 2013, 2015, 2016, and Dynamics 365.
NOTE: If you have multiple forms for the Contact or Lead in CRM, you may wish to add the Profile link to your additional forms as well. When custom contact forms are created prior to the installation the ClickDimensions solution, the custom forms will not display the Profiles area.
- Launch CRM and navigate to Settings> Customizations > Customize the System.
- Expand Entities under Components node.
- Find Contact entity and select Forms.
- Open the form you want to change.
- In the Home ribbon area select Navigation
- Click on the Insert tab on the ribbon and click the Navigation Link button to insert a new navigation item.
- Enter the following: Name: Profile Icon: cdi_visitorprofile (this is a web resource that is included in the ClickDimensions solution.) Web Resource: cdi_profile.
- Go back to Home tab then Save and Publish
|Feature Added: Original|
|Feature Updated: 8.2|
|ClickDimensions Version Needed: 8.2|