Before testing your CRM's external access or attempting to register for the ClickDimensions solution, refer to the following articles:
- Configuring external access
- Firewall considerations
- Check your SSL certificate to make sure it is valid
Click the below link corresponding to your Data Center and CRM version to access the appropriate connectivity test form. For details on what to enter into the form, check the Register for Your ClickDimensions Solution article.
US Data Center
CAN Data Center
EU Data Center
AU Data Center
Common Connectivity Errors
Metadata contains a reference that cannot be resolved
This usually indicates a problem with your Internet-Facing Deployment (IFD). This could be a setting in the CRM Deployment Manager's Web Address properties, or a DNS issue. See this article for more detail. (For CRM Online, if this error occurs, wait an hour and try again. It may be due to a temporary disruption in CRM Online.)
Error. An unsecured or incorrectly secured fault was received.
This is typically due to using an incorrect username or password in the registration to connect to your CRM. The user you are entering in the registration form must be an enabled user in your CRM. (Less commonly, this error can result from the server times being more than five minutes out of sync with either your network's domain controller, or Microsoft's Azure data centers where our application is hosted. Check the times on your CRM and ADFS servers. Sometimes a simple reboot is all that is needed to get the times synced back up properly.)
This error usually indicates that the username and password you are entering in the registration form do not belong to a user who is enabled in the CRM organization you are registering. Ensure that the user is enabled in the CRM organization, has the System Administrator role, and has the Read/Write access mode.
To register with ClickDimensions, you must have the following items ready.
- The version of CRM you are using and which Microsoft data center you wish to connect to (US, CAN, EU, or AU).
- A CRM organization that is accessible from the internet.
- The external CRM URL where your CRM is reachable from the internet.
- The unique organization name of the CRM organization in your deployment.
- The username and password of a CRM user who is enabled in the organization you are registering. This user must have the System Administrator role (can be replaced after our solution is imported), and have Read/Write access mode.
- For on-premises CRM, you must know the Active Directory domain of the user. (Note: For ADFS 3.0, enter the AD Domain in the username field.)
- The contact email address where you would like the ClickDimensions solution sent for download.
Once you have tested your connection and have all the needed items in place, use the registration link provided in your welcome email (or sent by your account manager).