The ClickDimensions February 2013 release has made significant changes to the way that web analytics and posted forms are synchronized to our customers' CRM systems. As a result of the changes made in the ClickDimensions cloud application, our customers should immediately deactivate the following plugin steps in their CRM:
- PageViewPlugin (two steps registered on the Create of the Page View entity)
- PostedFormPlugin (two steps registered on the Create of the Posted Form entity)
- PostedSubscriptionPlugin (one step registered on the Create of the Posted Subscription entity)
- PostedSurveyPlugin (one step registered on the Create of the Posted Survey entity)
- ScorePlugin (two steps registered on the Create and Update of the Contact entity, and two steps registered on the Create and Update of the Lead entity)
- VisitPlugin (three steps registered on the Create and Update of the Visit entity)
There are a total of 13 plugin steps that must be deactivated:
Deactivate a Plugin Step in CRM 2011 or CRM Online
- Log into CRM as a user with the System Administrator security role.
- Navigate to Settings > Customizations > Customize the System. This will open the default solution in CRM containing all customizations.
- Click on Sdk Message Processing Steps on the left side of the solution window.
- Select the plugin steps listed above and click on the Deactivate button:
- Watch a video demonstration.
Deactivate Plugin Steps in CRM 4.0
To deactivate plugin steps in CRM 4.0, the Plugin Registration tool must be used. Please contact ClickDimensions support if you require assistance. The CRM 4.0 pluginregistration.exe can be downloaded from here:
Using the plugin registration tool, connect to your CRM 4.0 organization and expand the ClickDimensions plugin to view the registered steps. Select the steps noted above and disable them in the plugin registration tool UI.