ClickDimensions includes a handy feature called Event Management that allows a user to create a connection between an Event Management service, such as GoToWebinar or WebEx, and automatically have records created within CRM to track the creation of events and registrants for said events. This works well if you are hosting events using the aforementioned services, but what if you are hosting a non-webinar, in-person event? You can still automatically create Event Participation records for registrants for your event in this scenario by using ClickDimensions Forms and a Microsoft Dynamics CRM workflow.
NOTE: This article discusses the use of CRM workflows to expand the native functionality of the ClickDimensions solution. Since workflows are native CRM components and not a part of the ClickDimensions solution, they fall beyond the scope of ClickDimensions support. For assistance with workflows, please consult your CRM administrator or partner.
- Learn how to use a CRM workflow to create Event Participation records for people who submit a form.
Set Up the Form
Let's say, for example, that you are hosting a company picnic and you want to easily keep track of who plans on attending within CRM. You can begin by creating a registration form using the ClickDimensions Form Builder, then link it in an email and send it to your colleagues (if you have not previously made a Form using the ClickDimensions Form Builder, you can find instructions for how to do so on our help site here).
Make sure you map any data that you want to add to the Event Participation record onto your Lead and/or Contact records because ClickDimensions will be populating the Event Participation record with data that was mapped onto the associated Lead or Contact by the form submission.
Set Up the Workflow
Once the Form is created, manually create an Event Record. Then, to keep track of registrants, set up a workflow based upon the Posted Form entity and set it to run when a new record is created.
In the workflow set up the following steps:
- Check to see if the Posted Form is a submission of your picnic registration Form,
- wait 2 minutes to ensure that the responses in the form submission have time to map to the Lead/Contact record.
- To determine if the form was submitted by a Contact, check if the Posted Form's Contact field contains data.
- If the Contact Field contains data, use a Create Record step to create an Event Participation for the Contact.
- To determine if the form was submitted by a Lead, check if the Posted Form's Lead field contains data.
- If the Lead Field contains data, use a Create Record step to create an Event Participation for the Lead.
You can then populate the Event Participation record with any data mapped to the responder's Lead or Contact record on the Event Participation record and associate the record with your Event Record by clicking Set Properties and populating the desired fields.
Activate your workflow, and now whenever somebody signs up for your in-person event using the Form you made with ClickDimensions, an Event Participation record will be generated for that person.
|Feature Added: Original|
|Feature Updated: Original|
|ClickDimensions Version Need: Any|