Coming Soon: We are listening! Based on feedback we are improving and simplifying our installation process.
ClickDimensions Sales Engagement (CDSE) is installed via a package installer. There are also some configuration steps that the installation admin will need to complete within their environment following the installation.
In this article the individual in the organization handing the installation and setup is referred to as the "Installation Admin".
NOTE: Please disable all ad-blockers prior to completing installation and configuration. Ad-blockers can interrupt configuration from completing successfully.
NOTE: A user with permissions of global administrator of office 365 with access mode = read-write is required. Global administrator of office 365 with access mode = administrative rights will not be sufficient.
Step 1: Gather & Submit Registration Info
In order to provide the information required to install and configure Sales Engagement, ClickDimensions needs the following info from the installation admin:
- Preferred data center region.
- Sales Engagement environment URL where Sales Engagement will be installed.
NOTE: CDX environments are not supported at this time.
- Unique organization name.
- Application ID (Client ID)
- Client Secret
Please follow instructions to perform the Application User Authentication.
Step 2: ClickDimensions Generates and Provides Setup Materials to the Installation Admin
Once the installation admin has submitted the registration materials, the following information will be included in the ClickDimensions Solution File email and will be needed for future steps in this guide:
- A download link to the Package Installer containing the Sales Engagement solution files.
- Account Key
- License Key
- Action URL
- Web URL
- Instructions for next steps
NOTE: The email will come from system@CLICKDIMENSIONS.onmicrosoft.com and will be sent to the email used during registration. If you do not receive it, please check your spam and junk folders.
Step 3: Installation Admin Runs the ClickDimensions Sales Engagement Installation Package:
Use 7zip or WinRAR to export the PackageDeployment zip file provided by ClickDimensions and run the included PackageDeployer.exe file. (If you do not use 7zip, you may encounter an error when running the PackageDeployer.exe file.)
Be sure to check the checkboxes for Display list of available organization and Show Advanced.
- Choose the correct organization from the list, then click Login to begin the installation. This will import a series of solution files and records into the environment, and may take 30+ minutes to complete.
- Click Next on the Welcome to the ClickDimensions Installer screen.
- On the ‘Ready to Install’ screen, please verify that the intended target environment is displayed and click the Next button.
- After the Reading ClickDimensions Installer Configuration page completes the pre-validation checks of the included solutions, click the Next button.
- The Installer will now install the ClickDimensions Sales Engagement solution into the selected environment. This action can take 30+ minutes to complete the import process and you can allow the installer to run in the background while routinely checking its progress.
- Once the installer has completed importing the solutions you will see a Success and Welcome screen which you can close.
NOTE: During this process, if you see any red code errors, icons or messages indicating that the import process failed, please click on the download log file link and save the log file. This log file may be requested by ClickDimensions to troubleshoot the installation process.
Step 4: Installation Admin Edits Configuration Record
Once the ClickDimensions Sales Engagement solutions are installed into the target environment, please browse to the ClickDimensions Sales Engagement app and follow the following steps:
- In the Change Area function at the bottom of the left-hand navigation, click on Sales Engagement and then select App Settings in the "Change area" pop-out menu.
- Then select the Configuration Menu from the left-hand navigation, under the ‘Settings’ heading.
- Click on the auto-generated Configuration record.
- Click on System Settings tab for this record.
- Input the following values which are documented in the ‘ClickDimensions Solution File’ email:
- Action URL
- License Key
- Web URL
- Save the Record
Step 5: Installation Admin Ensures CDSE User Mailbox Can Be Connected
Relevant Users in the environment should follow the same process as with CDSE to setup connection to their mail accounts. This process is:
1. Navigate to Sales Engagement- App Settings- Users-Sales Engagement and select New
2. There will be a message saying that the User needs to grant access to their mailbox.
3. Click the Show me how! button in this message and follow the steps.
4. A Welcome to ClickDimensions screen will appear and the user will click "Log In".
5. A Please allow ClickDimensions to access your mailbox window will appear and the user will click "Enable ClickDimensions for my Mailbox".
6. A new window will open confirming the user is setup and will allow the user to launch the Sales Engagement App from the window.
NOTE: To setup the ClickDimensions User Mailbox, access must be granted to Microsoft Graph.
For the sake of confirming that other Users will be able to successfully complete this step, the installation admin should confirm that they are able to successfully complete the three steps above.
Step 6: Installation Admin Assigns Security Roles to Users
|ClickDimensions Sales Admin||
The Application Admin has full permissions over the Sales Engagement Application. They can access the ClickDimensions Sales Engagement and App Settings Areas. They can create, write and delete all the entities.
|ClickDimensions Sales Manager||
Read access to some Configure Area entities. Create, read, and write permissions on entities outside the Configure Area. Can access Opportunity, Competitor, Marketing List, and Campaign records owned by Users on the team they manage.
|ClickDimensions Sales User||
Read access to some Configure Area entities. Create read and write permissions on entities owned outside the Configure Area if the User is the record owner.
The system admin will determine which roles each User should be assigned, based on the level of access each User requires to perform their job.
Step 7: Installation Admin Edits ClickDimensions Sales Engagement Configuration Page
- Once in the ClickDimensions Sales Engagement application, click the gear icon in the top-right corner of the heard and select Advanced Settings.
- In the new Dynamics 365 Settings window, click on down arrow next to Settings and select Solutions.
- On the All Solutions screen, click on the ClickDimensions link in the Display Name column which will open a new window.
- The new window will display the configurations page for the solution
- NOTE: If the Configurations page does not open, click on the Configuration link in the left navigation.
- On the Configurations screen, input the following:
- Account Key
NOTE: These values are included in the "ClickDimensions Solution File" Email.
- Click Submit.
NOTE: If you navigate back to this page in the future to check these values, they will not display.