Our new Academy has some exciting new content and features. Below, see how you can access it, know what to expect, and get a sneak peek of what it looks like.
New User Signup
First, you will receive an email invite to the Academy. (to know if you should be expecting an invite or need to first request access, see our article here.) In the invite you will click on the unique invitation link in the email and an internet browser page asking you to create a password will appear. After creating and confirming a password, this will setup your new Academy user and log you in for the first time.
After your initial user setup and login, when you navigate back to the Academy site this is what the login page will look like. (the image you see on the login page might look different, but the login page structure as a whole will look like this.)
Your dashboard shows how many courses you are enrolled in or have completed as well as the courses you're currently working on. So you can review what you have already done or resume a course to complete it.
You can also navigate to your account profile and update your name, avatar, and more. At any time, you click on the Dashboard button to return to it or to visit the Course Catalog.
Record of Attained Certifications from Previous Academy
Currently when you login to the new Academy, you will not see any previous certifications you attained in the previous Academy. We wanted to make sure we got previous Academy users invited and setup in the new Academy first, before we worked on the migration of attained certifications. We will be working on the transfer and recording of your certifications in the new Academy in early 2020.
When updates are available, we'll be sure to communicate them your way!
Record of Course Progress from Previous Academy
We have been working to improve our course content for the new Academy and are still in the process of doing so. In the new Academy you will notice a different structure in how courses are provided along with the content within them.
Only attained Certifications from our previous Academy will be recorded in the new Academy, so Course progress or completions will not be transferred over.
- Incomplete Course progress will not be recorded in the new Academy.
- Completed Course progress will not be recorded in the new Academy. Meaning, if you started our Fundamentals Curriculum and completed some courses within it, but you did not finish the all the Curriculum courses AND then take the Fundamentals Exam to achieve our CD Fundamentals Certification - that activity will not be recorded in the new Academy.
Course Content in New Academy
Like mentioned in the section above, we are in the process of improving our course content and course offerings as whole. In the new Academy you will see available courses in the Catalog. Currently (December 2019) we still have plenty more courses to get published for you all!
You are able to enroll in any courses you would like. So start progressing through our product courses and as we have more available you will see them in the Catalog.
How Courses are Categorized in the Catalog
- Fundamentals of ClickDimensions
- The Product Courses here are what we consider to be the foundational features of ClickDimensions that are a starting point in learning the product.
- If you get into the Academy and don't know where to start, this category of courses is a good place.
- Then when you want to test your knowledge on this content, you can do so by enrolling in the Fundamentals 2.0 Certification path.
- Advanced Features/Functionality of ClickDimensions
- The Product Courses here are on additional features, functionality, or usage of ClickDimensions.
- Coming Soon: To test your knowledge on this content, you will be able to enroll in an Advanced 2.0 Certification path.
- Using ClickDimensions
- The Product Courses here are all the available courses from each category, for convenience.
Certification Course Paths in New Academy
Updated Product Certifications are in process for the new Academy. As they are released we will let you all know.
So far, we do have our Fundamentals 2.0 Certification available now in the Catalog!
We don't want to pressure you with having to take a Certification, so if you would like to just go through course content at your leisure you can. Then whenever you would like you can enroll in a Certification path to test out your knowledge!