When using the Chromium Edge browser, you may encounter the following error while attempting to open Clickdimensions designers, editors, or options from the ClickDimensions.
If none of the listed steps work, then there could potentially be an issue with the Edge browser settings. The security on our designers and editors require an authentication cookie to be generated, and the Chromium Edge tracking prevention may prevent these from being created and will cause the error.
In order to correct and prevent issues, some Tracking prevention exceptions will need to be setup. To do this, open Chromium Edge and navigate to Settings > Privacy, search and services:
Once you are on this screen, you will want to ensure that if Tracking Protection is enabled, that it is set to Basic instead of the default "Balanced" setting as this can cause issues and prevent your email sends from sending properly.
Then, 3 exceptions will need to be added:
- Region appropriate version of https://app.clickdimensions.com
- US: https://app.clickdimensions.com
- EU: https://app-eu.clickdimensions.com
- AU: https://app-au.clickdimensions.com
- CA: https://app-ca.clickdimensions.com
- Region appropriate version of https://mscrmapp.clickdimensions.com
- US: https://mscrmapp.clickdimensions.com
- EU: https://mscrmapp-eu.clickdimensions.com
- AU: https://mscrmapp-au.clickdimensions.com
- CA: https://mscrmapp-ca.clickdimensions.com
- URL of your CRM environment(s)
Please note that the full URL including the HTTPS protocol is necessary for a proper setup. An example of these settings for a US environment is shown below:
After ensuring that the settings have been saved, you should then be able to close and re-open the browser to check if the security errors persist. If you continue to have issues, then please reach out to us at Clickdimensions Support.