There are overall settings for a particular Sequence that you can change to fit a user's needs.
From the Sequence record – Click on the Settings tab:
Name: This is the name of the sequence. It can be changed here or on the main Overview tab.
Enabled: The options are Yes and No.
- Yes: Essentially, this sequence is on and available. Contacts can currently be started on this sequence and continue to run through it.
- No: Contacts cannot be added to the sequence. If anyone is in the sequence at the time that this is switched to No, those Sequence Instances will not move forward. You would set this option to No if you will be out of the office for a few days or if you no longer want to use this sequence.
Owner: This is the user that owns this record. You may switch the owner to another user here.
Show to all users: The options are Yes and No.
- Yes: When other Users go to add a Contact to a Sequence, this one will be available to them.
- No: Only you can add Contacts to this Sequence.
Reply Action: This determines what happens when a Contact replies to one of the emails sent from this Sequence. Options are Finish Sequence and Continue to Next Step.
- Finish Sequence: If you get a reply, you do not want to continue sending them the emails or creating any tasks for yourself related to this Contact. You would likely want to set this for most sales scenarios because then you will take over manually from here once the Contact responds.
- Continue to Next Step: Their reply does not affect their sequence instance; they will keep progressing. This is useful in scenarios for customer success or account management where it does not matter if they reply, you want to keep sending them more information or you want to keep checking up on the contacts.
NOTE: If a recipient responds with an automatic reply, such as an Out of Office notification, then the sequence will not end. It will pause until you initiate the sequence again.
Auto remove on bounce: This determines what happens when the Contact’s email address bounces on any of the email steps in the Sequence. Options are Yes and No.
- Yes: The Sequence Instance is cancelled and the Contact stops progressing. The Sequence will be marked as “Bounced” in the Status Reason
- No: The Contact will continue to progress through the Sequence.
Auto remove on reply: This determines what happens if the Contact sends you a reply to any email, it does not have to be an email from this sequence. Options are Yes and No.
- Yes: If you get any reply, you do not want to continue sending them the emails or creating any tasks for yourself related to this Contact.
- No: Their reply does not affect their sequence instance; they will keep progressing.
Include Opt-Out: This determines if there is an unsubscribe option in the email.
- Yes: The unsubscribe option will put a link in the email allowing the recipient to unsubscribe; by default, the link will just be “Unsubscribed”, but you can change this in the Configuration area if you would like. If someone unsubscribes it will mark the Opted-Out Email field on the Contact’s record as Yes and no more ClickDimensions Sales emails will go to this person. You can manually switch this back to No if the Contact says they would like to receive them again.
- No: The unsubscribe link will not be included.
Delivery Schedule: Determines when emails can be sent.
- Weekday business hours: Emails will go out only between Monday and Friday during the business hours you setup in your User Settings.
- 7-day business hours: Emails would go out every day during those business hours.
- 24 x 7: Emails will go out as soon as the step is reached no matter what day or time it is.
Setting this to one of the first two options will mean that the email activity will be created and will go to Schedule if it is outside of those business hours at the time. The time interval between that email step and the next step in the Sequence will not start until the email is sent. For example, if 5 hours after the email step, a generic task is to be created, and you start the sequence instance at 7:00PM, the email will wait until your opening business hour, say 9:00AM, and the generic task will be created at 2:00PM (not midnight).