Before testing your CRM's external access or attempting to register for the ClickDimensions solution, refer to the following articles:
- Configuring external access
- Firewall considerations
- Check your SSL certificate to make sure it is valid
CRM 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016 or CRM Online: Test Connectivity
See below for the test form you should use depending on which data center you are signing up for and which CRM version you have:
US Data Center:
CRM 2011: https://app.clickdimensions.com/mscrm/v2011/pages/testconnection.aspx
CRM 2013: https://app.clickdimensions.com/mscrm/v2013/pages/testconnection.aspx
CRM 2015: https://app.clickdimensions.com/mscrm/v2015/pages/testconnection.aspx
CRM 2016: https://app.clickdimensions.com/mscrm/v2016/pages/testconnection.aspx
EU Data Center:
CRM 2011: https://app-eu.clickdimensions.com/mscrm/v2011/pages/testconnection.aspx
CRM 2013: https://app-eu.clickdimensions.com/mscrm/v2013/pages/testconnection.aspx
CRM 2015: https://app-eu.clickdimensions.com/mscrm/v2015/pages/testconnection.aspx
CRM 2016: https://app-eu.clickdimensions.com/mscrm/v2016/pages/testconnection.aspx
AU Data Center:
CRM 2011: https://app-au.clickdimensions.com/mscrm/v2011/pages/testconnection.aspx
CRM 2013: https://app-au.clickdimensions.com/mscrm/v2013/pages/testconnection.aspx
CRM 2015: https://app-au.clickdimensions.com/mscrm/v2015/pages/testconnection.aspx
CRM 2016: https://app-au.clickdimensions.com/mscrm/v2016/pages/testconnection.aspx
For details on what to enter into the form, see here.
Common errors for CRM 2011 and above
- Metadata contains a reference that cannot be resolved - This usually indicates a problem with your Internet-Facing Deployment (IFD). This could be a setting in the CRM Deployment Manager's Web Address properties, or a DNS issue. See this article for more detail. (For CRM Online, if this error occurs, wait an hour and try again. It may be due to a temporary disruption in CRM Online.)
- Error. An unsecured or incorrectly secured fault was received. This is typically due to using an incorrect username or password in the registration to connect to your CRM. The user you are entering in the registration form must be an enabled user in your CRM. (Less commonly, this error can result from the server times being more than five minutes out of sync with either your network's domain controller, or Microsoft's Azure data centers where our application is hosted. Check the times on your CRM and ADFS servers. Sometimes a simple reboot is all that is needed to get the times synced back up properly.)
- Invalid URI. This error usually indicates that the username and password you are entering in the registration form do not belong to a user who is enabled in the CRM organization you are registering. Ensure that the user is enabled in the CRM organization, has the System Administrator role, and has the Read/Write access mode.
Ready to register?
Once you're ready to register, use the registration link provided in your welcome email, or sent to you by your account manager.