Emailing customers about an upcoming appointment or event? The ClickDimensions File Manager can be used to attach an Outlook calendar event to your emails so you can ensure that your customers has the right date, time, and details going forward.
- Learn how to save an Outlook calendar appointment as an .ics file
- Learn how to upload an .ics file to the File Manager and attach it to an email.
- Dynamics 365
Schedule an Outlook Appointment
You can create the appointment on your own Outlook calendar, on a shared calendar, or on an extra calendar in your Calendar folder.
Save an ICS File
Once you have created an appointment, you will need to save it as an .ics (calendar) file so that you can upload it to the ClickDimensions File Manager.
1. In the Outlook calendar, open the appointment.
2. Click File > Save As.
3. Using the Save As drop down menu, navigate to and select the desired location.
4. In the File name text box, type the desired filename.
5. Verify that the Save as type is iCalendar Format (*.ics).
6. Click SAVE.
Upload the .ics to the ClickDimensions File Manager
Once you have saved the .ics (calendar) file, you will need to upload it to the ClickDimensions File Manager, in order to attach it to the email marketing template you wish to send out.
1. Navigate to ClickDimensions File Manager by clicking on the link icon in the builder.
2. Click the File tab and choose the .ics file to upload to the File Manager. (We suggest having a separate folder for events.)
3. Click Open.
4. After the .ics file is uploaded, select it, and click Insert Link.
When your recipient receives the email, you can now track whether they have clicked on the link and added the event to their calendar, the same as with any other type of attachment. When they click on the link it will download to their computer. When they open the file, it will open the appointment in Outlook and allow them to save it to their calendar.
|Feature Added: Original|
|Feature Updated: Any|
|ClickDimensions Version Need: Any|