Have you ever met somebody who doesn't like birthday greetings? The simple gesture of acknowledging somebody's birthday almost always brings a smile to their face. Sending birthday greetings to your customers is an easy way to both keep you on their minds and promote a positive relationship. ClickDimensions and CRM can be used to create personalized birthday email templates and automatically send them to your leads and/or contacts when their special day rolls around.
NOTE: Workflows are native CRM components, not part of the ClickDimensions solution, so the technical support we can provide for them is limited.
NOTE: Running a recursive workflow on a large number of Contacts could potentially impact the CRM’s performance. A more complex, but less resource-intensive option is discussed here.
- Learn how to use a CRM workflow to send a recurring birthday email to Contacts.
- Learn about additional ways to send birthday emails
Compare the execution time of the workflow to the date specified in the birthday field on the contact's record.
If the execution time is before the birthday, then the workflow will timeout until the birthday rolls around
- When it is the contact's birthday, the birthday email is sent out
- The birthday field value will be incremented by a year
- The workflow calls itself and begins again.
- If the execution time was after the contact's birthday instead of before it, then the birthday field value is incremented by a year and the workflow is called again.
You could also use a bulk Email Send at the beginning of each month to send birthday emails. You would have a Marketing List of people with a certain month's birthdays. For instance you could schedule a bulk Email Send with an associated Marketing List of Contacts whose birthday is in February, to be sent at the first of February. That way the recipient has the whole month to redeem anything you offered in the email, like a coupon for example.
ClickDimensions Email Sends also let you signify whether to target additional email address fields like email address 2 or 3, while CRM Workflows do not let you.