NOTE: The Drag and Drop Editor 2.0 is currently in a closed beta and is only accessible to customers on version 8.13.0 who have requested to be included in the beta. If you attempt to select the Drag and Drop Editor 2.0 from the Editor Type field on an Email Template, you will be presented with a form which you can submit to request access to the beta. Once approved, you will be notified that you have access the the editor.
The Drag and Drop Editor 2.0 is the latest Email Template editor provided by ClickDimensions. The editor takes the existing functionality of the Drag and Drop Editor, such as easily placeable content blocks, a beginner friendly interface, and mobile responsiveness, and combines it with the flexibility of the Block Editor to allow for a wider variety of template layouts and faster template production.
- Learn how to navigate a new Drag and Drop Editor 2.0 Template
- Learn about the Favorites feature of the Drag and Drop Editor 2.0
Drag and Drop Editor 2.0
When you create a new Drag and Drop 2.0 template, the template will look like this by default:
The template is made by assembling Sections containing Content Blocks. Sections are sub-sections of the template that contain Content Blocks. Sections can be styled independently and cloned to duplicate just a certain piece of the template. Content Blocks allow you to easily add specific types of content into a Section of the email template. The top of the editor window contains a toolbar with four options: Save, Save & Close, Preview, and Test & Preview.
The Preview option opens a pop-up window that shows how the template will display on a desktop or mobile email client once sent out.
The right-hand sidebar contains three tabs: Content, Page, and Favorites.
The Content tab contains a list of Content Blocks that can be added to the template.
The Page tab contains general styling options for the template as a whole.
Within the Page tab, the following settings can be managed:
- Background Image: set a Background image for the whole template. This Image will appear behind the sections within the template; it will not be applied to the Sections themselves. If both a background image and background color are set for the template, the background image will take precedence and be displayed.
- Background Color: Set a background color for the whole template. This color will appear behind the sections within the template; it will not be applied to the Sections themselves. If both a background image and background color are set for the template, and the template is sent to an email client that doesn't support background images, the background color will be displayed instead.
- Section Width: Set the width of the Sections in the template to 600px or the full width of the preview window.
- Add a border to the template and set the border size, color, style and corner radius
- Set hyperlink font color and styling
- Set font properties for heading styles within the template.
The Favorites tab shows a list of all of the Sections that you have previously marked as a favorite and allows you to select any of those pre-made Sections and add them to the template with all of their existing content already in place. Favorites are discussed in more detail in the Drag and Drop Editor 2.0 Sections article.
Add Content to the Drag and Drop Editor 2.0 Template
|Feature Added: 8.13.0|
|Feature Updated: 8.14.0|
|ClickDimensions Version Needed: 8.13.0|