Setting up integration between Webex and ClickDimensions will allow you to track all of your webinars and registrants within CRM.
You will need to have an account with Webex Webinar before beginning these steps.
Please note that our connector is not currently compatible with Webex SSO login.
- Learn where to find the Webex Webinar connector in CRM
- Learn how to integrate Webex Webinar and ClickDimensions
- Dynamics 365
Navigate to the Webex Webinar Connector
To start, navigate to Settings and Support > ClickDimensions Settings > ClickDimensions Integration Settings > Event and Meeting Connectors.
A new screen will pop up to show you all of your current Event connectors with their status, settings, and dates of creation/updating. Click Add New here.
Then click Webex Webinar.
Set Up the Webex Webinar Connector
On the next screen you will fill out your settings.
Connector Name: Input the name for how your connector will display in the Connector's Settings Window. (Customers will not see this name)
Reminder Email Address: Supply an email address here to notify when the connection expires. Webex Webinar will ask you to re-authenticate your credentials one year after setting up the connection with ClickDimensions.
- Time Range: The Time Range is the time period used for syncing future event data. It is setup by default to 90 days. You can extend the time range to 6, 9, 12 or 18 months.
Default Action for Automatic Lead/Contact Creation: This will determine the default behavior for newly synchronized events and event participations.
- No Action: Only the event and event participation records will be created and leads/contacts will not be generated automatically.
- Create Contact: New registrants will be created as contacts if their email address is not already present in CRM.
- Create Lead: New registrants will be created as leads if their email address is not already present in CRM.
The default action can be overridden by the 'Action for Lead/Contact Creation' field on the Event records after they are created.
This field provides the same 3 options and if it is updated on an Event record, then it will be applied to all future syncs for the event and will not be applied retroactively to event participations created before the update.
Press Add, login to your Webex account and once the connection to Webex Webinar is established, the connector will pull Event Records and Event Participations into your CRM for webinars from the previous 90 days, and this initial sync will not create leads or contacts. Afterwards, the connector will attempt to update upcoming events within the next 90 days every 60 minutes. Only present and upcoming events will be updated, so past events will not update during this scheduled sync. It is also possible to manually start a sync with the 'Sync Events' button, and please check our article here for more details.
Please note that when you first set up the connection it could take several hours for all of the current information to come into your CRM, and WebEx may take up to 48 hours to update some data on their end, like the change of an event's status from active to past, which may delay the syncing of that data into CRM.
Issues after Initial Setup
After completing the initial setup of your connector, you should begin to see Event records being created within CRM. If these records are not syncing, then you can check the Error Log on the ClickDimensions Settings page to confirm if there may be any issues or errors occurring during the syncing process. If errors start occurring shortly after the initial setup of your connector, then you can try the following checks:
- Are the errors indicating an issue with accessing your account? If so, then please check if you are still able to log in to your account to ensure that the credentials are correct and to confirm that you are not using a trial account. Trial accounts have restrictions that may prevent our service from being able to properly connect.
- Delete and re-add the connector and then wait for an hour. Sometimes an issue can occur during the initial syncing process and deleting and re-adding the connector will allow us to retry the process. The hour wait time will help ensure that any cached details are cleared and will not affect the connection and also gives the Event records time to try syncing again.
|Feature Added: 5.0.4
|Feature Updated: 2023.10
|ClickDimensions Version Needed: 2023.10