Eventbrite is an online ticketing platform that people all over the world use to create events, sell tickets and manage registrations for events of all types and sizes. This article will show how to setup the connection to your Eventbrite account. See here for what information ClickDimensions syncs from Eventbrite.
- Dynamics 365
Eventbrite does not require an email address for a person to register for an Eventbrite event. However, in order for the connector to work, you must still collect an email address from your registrants.
Navigate to the Eventbrite Connector
To get started, navigate to Settings and Support > ClickDimensions Settings > Connector Configuration.
A new screen will pop up to show you all of your current Event connectors with their status, settings, and dates of creation/updating. Click Add New to add the connector here.
Then click Eventbrite.
Set Up the Eventbrite Connector
In the next window you'll fill out your settings.
Connector Name: Input the name for how your connector will display in the Connector's Settings Window. (Customers will not see this name)
Reminder Email Address: Supply an email address here to notify when the connection expires. GoToWebinar will ask you to re-authenticate your credentials one year after setting up the connection with ClickDimensions.
Default Action for Automatic Lead/Contact Creation: This will determine the default behavior for newly synchronized events and event participations.
- No Action: Only the event and event participation records will be created and leads/contacts will not be generated automatically.
- Create Contact: New registrants will be created as contacts if their email address is not already present in CRM.
- Create Lead: New registrants will be created as leads if their email address is not already present in CRM.
The default action can be overridden by the 'Action for Lead/Contact Creation' field on the Event records after they are created.
This field provides the same 3 options and if it is updated on an Event record, then it will be applied to all future syncs for the event and will not be applied retroactively to event participations created before the update.
NOTE: You will need to be logged into Eventbrite in your browser session prior to creating the connector, otherwise the redirect to authorize will not occur.
NOTE: You will need to use the main account associated with Eventbrite. If you set up your Connector with a secondary account your Events may not come in. To check this, you can go to My Account > Contact Info in Eventbrite and look to the top right for the main account holder's information.
Once the connection to Eventbrite is established, the connector will pull Event Records and Event Participations into your CRM for webinars from the previous 90 days, and this initial sync will not create leads or contacts. Afterwards, the connector will attempt to update upcoming events within the next 90 days every 60 minutes. Only present and upcoming events will be updated, so past events will not update during this scheduled sync. It is also possible to manually start a sync with the 'Sync Events' button, and please check our article here for more details.
Check the Event Records article to see where Eventbrite related records are recorded in your CRM.
Re-authenticating the Eventbrite Connector
If the password you provided when setting up the Eventbrite Connector is changed within Eventbrite, the connector will not be able to sync data back to CRM. Re-authenticating the connector will correct the issue and re-enable data syncing.
Issues after Initial Setup
After completing the initial setup of your connector, you should begin to see Event records being created within CRM. If these records are not syncing, then you can check the Error Log on the ClickDimensions Settings page to confirm if there may be any issues or errors occurring during the syncing process. If errors start occurring shortly after the initial setup of your connector, then you can try the following checks:
- Are the errors indicating an issue with accessing your account? If so, then please check if you are still able to log in to your account to ensure that the credentials are correct and to confirm that you are not using a trial account. Trial accounts have restrictions that may prevent our service from being able to properly connect.
- Delete and re-add the connector and then wait for an hour. Sometimes an issue can occur during the initial syncing process and deleting and re-adding the connector will allow us to retry the process. The hour wait time will help ensure that any cached details are cleared and will not affect the connection and also gives the Event records time to try syncing again.
How long does it take for Eventbrite data to sync to my CRM?
The connector will sync data from Eventbrite every hour.
|Feature Added: 6.1.0|
|Feature Updated: 11.12.0|
|ClickDimensions Version Need: 8.3.0|