Setting up integration between Zoom Webinars and ClickDimensions will allow you to track all of your webinars and registrants within CRM.
- Learn where to find the Zoom Webinar connector in CRM
- Learn how to integrate Zoom Webinars and ClickDimensions
- Dynamics 365
Navigate to the Zoom Webinar Connector
To set up integration with Zoom Webinars, first navigate to Settings and Support > ClickDimensions Settings > Connector Configuration.
A new screen will pop up to show you all of your current Event connectors with their status, settings, and dates of creation/updating. Click the Add New button here.
Then click Zoom Webinar.
Set Up the Zoom Webinar Connector
On the next screen you'll fill out your settings.
Connector Name: Input the name for how your connector will display in the Connector's Settings Window. (Customers will not see this name)
Reminder Email Address: Supply an email address here to notify when the connection expires. Zoom Webinar will ask you to re-authenticate your credentials one year after setting up the connection with ClickDimensions.
Default Action for Automatic Lead/Contact Creation: This will determine the default behavior for newly synchronized events and event participations.
- No Action: Only the event and event participation records will be created and leads/contacts will not be generated automatically.
- Create Contact: New registrants will be created as contacts if their email address is not already present in CRM.
- Create Lead: New registrants will be created as leads if their email address is not already present in CRM.
The default action can be overridden by the 'Action for Lead/Contact Creation' field on the Event records after they are created.
This field provides the same 3 options and if it is updated on an Event record, then it will be applied to all future syncs for the event and will not be applied retroactively to event participations created before the update.
API User Email: The user email address for your Zoom webinar account.
API Key: The API Key generated by the Zoom app. Please check the Obtaining an API Key and Secret section for more details.
API Secret: The API Secret generated by the Zoom app. Please check the Obtaining an API Key and Secret section for more details.
Click Add to complete the setup and create the connector.
Obtaining an API Key and Secret
In order to setup the Zoom Webinar connector properly, you will need to create a JWT app for each of your Zoom Webinar accounts that you would like to sync. If you do not have an existing app, then you will need to follow these steps:
- Go to https://marketplace.zoom.us/
- Go to Develop > Build app from the options in the top-right hand corner and then select the JWT app type.
- Name the app and provide the email for the Zoom Webinar account
- Generate API Key and API Secret in the App Credentials section. These are the values that will need to be copied in order to setup the connector correctly.
Once the connection to Zoom Webinar is established, the connector will pull information into your CRM about webinars from the previous 90 days, and this initial sync will not create leads or contacts. Afterwards, the connector will attempt to update upcoming events within the next 90 days every 60 minutes.
Only present and upcoming events will be updated, so past events will not update during this scheduled sync. It is also possible to manually start a sync with the 'Sync Events' button, and please check our article here for more details.
If your organization has more than one user who will utilize the Zoom integration, each user will need to configure this with their own account. This will sync that specific users events rather than the organizations events.
Issues after Initial Setup
After completing the initial setup of your connector, you should begin to see Event records being created within CRM. If these records are not syncing, then you can check the Error Log on the ClickDimensions Settings page to confirm if there may be any issues or errors occurring during the syncing process. If errors start occurring shortly after the initial setup of your connector, then you can try the following checks:
- Are the errors indicating an issue with accessing your account? If so, then please check if you are still able to log in to your account to ensure that the credentials are correct and to confirm that you are not using a trial account. Trial accounts have restrictions that may prevent our service from being able to properly connect.
- Delete and re-add the connector and then wait for an hour. Sometimes an issue can occur during the initial syncing process and deleting and re-adding the connector will allow us to retry the process. The hour wait time will help ensure that any cached details are cleared and will not affect the connection and also gives the Event records time to try syncing again.
|Feature Added: 10.8.0|
|Feature Updated: 11.12.0|
|ClickDimensions Version Needed: 10.8.0|