The Workflow Action is used in Campaign Automations to run a CRM workflow on a Lead or Contact within the Campaign Automation. Actions can be added to the canvas individually, or they can be included within Series. To learn more about Series and Actions, read this article.
- Learn how to add a Workflow Action to a Campaign Automation
- Learn how to set up a Workflow Action's properties
Add the Action to a Campaign Automation
To add a Workflow Action to a Campaign Automation, click on the Action icon in the sidebar and drag in onto the Campaign Automation Canvas.
Once the action has been added to the canvas, click on it and you will see the right panel change to show the properties of this action.
Display Name (required): The display name is entered by default, however you can change the name to anything you like.
Select Workflow (required): Use the lookup field to select the workflow you want to run on the Lead or Contact. The workflow selected has to be the following:
- Active: You will not be able to select a workflow that is not running.
- On Demand: The workflow must be set to run "on demand"
- Run On Lead / Contact: If your Campaign Automation contains Leads, you'll want to make sure that the workflow you selected is set to run on Leads. The same goes for Contacts. If you have Leads and Contacts in your Campaign Automation and you want to run a workflow on each entity, you will need to create two workflows, one for Leads and one for Contacts. Then add two Workflow actions to the series in the Campaign Automation.
- Scope: The scope should be set to organization. The scope determines what records the workflow runs on with respect to the owner of the workflow. So if it is set to "User" only Leads owned by the user that owns the workflow would run through that workflow. If it is set to "Organization" it doesn't matter who owns the lead.
Note: A note is an optional field for any details that need to be written about the action.
NOTE: When using a workflow action, the Campaign Automation will trigger the specified workflow then immediately move to the next action or trigger. It will not wait for the workflow to finish running before moving on. Please keep this in mind when designing a Campaign Automation that includes workflow actions.
|Feature Added: November 2015|
|Feature Updated: 8.7|
|ClickDimensions Version Needed: 7.0|