This article is an overview of what each component of the ClickDimensions Settings page is used for.
Table of Contents
- Dynamics 365
- CRM 2011
The ClickDimensions Settings page looks like this:
At the top of the ClickDimensions Settings page under ClickDimensions Account Information, you will see several items specific to your account:
- CRM Organization Name: This is the unique organization name for your CRM environment
- External CRM URL: This is the external URL for your CRM environment
- Power BI Token: This value is needed to integrate ClickDimensions into your Power BI account. Click here to learn more.
- License Level: This is your current ClickDimensions license level. You can see if there is a newer version available in Auto Update below.
- Account Key: This is the account key for the ClickDimensions solution generated for your specific CRM environment.
- CRM version listed on account: This is the version of Dynamics 365/CRM we have listed for the environment you have deployed this version of ClickDimensions within.
Important: if this is lists a different version of Dynamics 365/CRM than what you are currently using, please open a Support ticket to let us know!
Score Settings is where you can customize the lead score values for various interactions, such as:
- Form Submit Success
- For Submit Error
- Page View
- Opportunity Created
- Opportunity Lost
- Email Click
For more information on lead scoring, click here.
Tracking Script is where you will find the tracking script that you must place on your website in order for ClickDimensions to track it. Tracking Script also contains extra scripts that can be used for setting different lead scores for different pages, highlighting specific pages in your analytics, and automatically associating tracked information with campaigns. For more information on setting up your tracking script, see this article.
Usage displays several charts that track the activity of various actions over time. The charts are:
- Page Views
- CRM Error Rate
- Text Messages
For more information, see this article.
If you have any custom fields, entities, or other content in your CRM, clicking Metadata will sync it with ClickDimensions so ClickDimensions can access it/map data to it/etc. For more information, see this article.
DNS Settings is where you will add your CNAMEs to mask your email links. Setting up CNAMEs is not required, but it will make your correspondences look more professional and legitimate to recipients. For more information on setting up CNAMEs, see this article.
Service Credentials allows you to view and update the username and password for your CRM environment's ClickDimensions Service User. Click here to learn more.
Clicking Support Center will direct you to the ClickDimensions Help Center homepage.
Clicking Training Center will direct you to the ClickDimensions Help Center homepage.
Export allows you to export Email Template, Domain Record, and Form Field data from your CRM (with the intent to import into a different Dynamics CRM). However, it does not export list labels or values, an option set will always be empty. Click here to see how to use this feature.
Import allows you to import Email Template, Domain Record, and Form Field data that was exported from another environment (using the Export option) into your CRM. However, it does not import list labels or values, an option set will always be empty. Click here to see how to use this feature.
NOTE: When exporting Email Templates, the content in the Email Template editor will not transfer if you attempt to import the data into a CRM on a different Data Center.
Error trace will display a list of technical errors that occur while you are using ClickDimensions. You can read more about this and how to search for errors here.
Social Marketing Settings
Under Social Marketing Settings, you can provide contact information for who should receive notifications regarding your social accounts set up in our Social Connectors. The time zone that should be used when scheduling Social Posts can also be specified here.
Auto Update displays the current version of ClickDimensions that you are using and provides three different update methods:
- Manual will download a zip file of the latest version for you to install when you want. You can read more about this and how to manually update your solution here.
- Semi-Automated will begin updating when you press "Update Now" if a new version is available
- Automated will begin updating as soon as a new version is available.
For more information on Auto Update, see this article.
Connectors is where you can integrate a GoToWebinar, WebEx, Eventbrite, CVENT, Twilio, Bulk SMS, MessageNet, RSS to Email, or Social Marketing with your CRM.
- Articles explaining webinar/event integration can be found here.
- Articles explaining SMS can be found here.
- Articles explaining RSS to Email can be found here.
- Articles explaining Social Marketing integration can be found here.
Email CNAME allows you to create additional CNAMEs so email links can be branded with a different CNAME than the default record set in DNS Settings if necessary. Clicking this link will bring you to the same page as navigating to ClickDimensions > Email CNAMEs in CRM.
Domain records are necessary for web tracking to function properly and are also used to set a Web Content CNAME to brand links to Web Content records. Clicking this link will bring you to the same page as navigating to ClickDimensions > Domains in CRM.
BCC Email Settings
BCC Email Settings allows you to enable blind carbon copy functionality on all ClickDimensions emails and specify an email address to which the BCC emails will be sent. Please keep in mind the following information when enabling BCC emails:
- Every email sent through ClickDimensions will be BCC'd to this address; it cannot be enabled on a per-Email Send basis
- BCC emails will count against your license email volume, effectively doubling the number of emails you are sending. For example, if you send an Email Send to 100 recipients, you will receive 100 BCC emails, which will be a total of 200 of emails.
- Email Events generated by the BCC email recipient, such as opens or clicks, will not be recorded in CRM so they will not interfere with the reporting of Email Events for the original recipient
- BCC emails will have all dynamic content populated with data from the original recipient. For example, if it says "Hello John" for the recipient named "John", the BCC'd email for him will also say "Hello John". It will be an exact copy of the original email.
Filters are used to specify specific IP addresses or domains for which you do not want to generate web tracking data. Clicking this link will bring you to the same page as navigating to ClickDimensions > Filters in CRM.
The ClickDimensions Import tool is a wizard that allows you to easily import a list of leads or contact into CRM as marketing list members or Event Participation records. Clicking this link will bring you to the same page as navigating to ClickDimensions > ClickDimensions Import in CRM.
|Feature Added: Original|
|Feature Updated: 9.7.0|
|ClickDimensions Version Need: Any|