This article is an overview of what each component of the ClickDimensions Settings page is used for.
Table of Contents
ClickDimensions Marketing Automation Settings
ClickDimensions Integration Settings
- Dynamics 365
The ClickDimensions Settings page looks like this:
ClickDimensions Account Information
At the top of the ClickDimensions Settings page under ClickDimensions Account Information, you will see two sections with several items specific to your account:
Dynamics Account Information
- CRM Organization Name: This is the unique organization name for your CRM environment.
- External CRM URL: This is the external URL for your CRM environment.
- PowerBI Token: This is an authentication token for PowerBI.
Marketing Automation Information
- Account Key: This is the account key for the ClickDimensions solution generated for your specific CRM environment.
- Token: This token is used as authentication token during solution update.
- License Level: This is your current ClickDimensions license level. You can see if there is a newer version available in Auto Update below.
Important: if this is lists a different version of Dynamics 365/CRM than what you are currently using, please open a Support ticket to let us know!
Solution page displays the current version of ClickDimensions you are using. If you need to update your solution, select the item and press the Update button. The Marketing Automation Solution page will present the three different update methods:
- The Manual Update will allow you to download the latest solution version as a zip file and install it when you want. You can read more about this and how to manually update your solution here.
- The On Demand Update will begin updating the solution when you press "Update Now" if a new version is available.
- The Automated update uses standard CRM methods to remotely install the latest version of the ClickDimensions solution
For more information on Automated update, see this article. If you have any custom fields, entities, or other content in your CRM, then you can also use the Metadata option to sync this data so ClickDimensions can access it/map data to it/etc. For more information, see this article.
Error log will display a list of technical errors that occur while you are using ClickDimensions. You can read more about this and how to search for errors here.
Service Credentials allows you to view and update the username and password for your CRM environment's ClickDimensions Service User. Click here to learn more.
ClickDimensions Marketing Automation Settings
Usage displays several charts that track the activity of various actions over time. The charts are:
- Page Views
- CRM Error Rate
- Text Messages
For more information, see this article.
Tracking Script is where you will find the tracking script that you must place on your website in order for ClickDimensions to track it. Tracking Script also contains extra scripts that can be used for setting different lead scores for different pages, highlighting specific pages in your analytics, and automatically associating tracked information with campaigns. For more information on setting up your tracking script, see this article.
Legacy Score Settings
Score Settings is where you can customize the lead score values for various interactions, such as:
- Form Submit Success
- For Submit Error
- Page View
- Opportunity Created
- Opportunity Lost
- Email Click
For more information on the legacy lead scoring, click here. To see more
Clicking Training Center will direct you to the ClickDimensions Help Center homepage.
DNS Settings is where you will add your CNAMEs to mask your email links. Setting up CNAMEs is not required, but it will make your correspondences look more professional and legitimate to recipients. For more information on setting up CNAMEs, see this article.
Clicking Support Center will direct you to the ClickDimensions Help Center homepage.
Subscription Management Settings
The Subscription Management Settings allow you to check whether your environment is currently using our Opt-in or Opt-Out subscription management and allows you to switch to the other version. Please see our article here for more details.
Export allows you to export Email Template, Domain Record, and Form Field data from your CRM (with the intent to import into a different Dynamics CRM). However, it does not export list labels or values, an option set will always be empty. Click here to see how to use this feature.
Import allows you to import Email Template, Domain Record, and Form Field data that was exported from another environment (using the Export option) into your CRM. However, it does not import list labels or values, an option set will always be empty. Click here to see how to use this feature.
NOTE: When exporting Email Templates, the content in the Email Template editor will not transfer if you attempt to import the data into a CRM on a different Data Center.
Email CNAME allows you to create additional CNAMEs so email links can be branded with a different CNAME than the default record set in DNS Settings if necessary. Clicking this link will bring you to the same page as navigating to ClickDimensions > Email CNAMEs in CRM.
Connectors is where you can integrate a RSS to Email with your CRM. Articles explaining RSS to Email can be found here.
BCC Email Settings
BCC Email Settings allows you to enable blind carbon copy functionality on all ClickDimensions emails and specify an email address to which the BCC emails will be sent. Please keep in mind the following information when enabling BCC emails:
- Every email sent through ClickDimensions will be BCC'd to this address; it cannot be enabled on a per-Email Send basis
- BCC emails will count against your license email volume, effectively doubling the number of emails you are sending. For example, if you send an Email Send to 100 recipients, you will receive 100 BCC emails, which will be a total of 200 of emails.
- Email Events generated by the BCC email recipient, such as opens or clicks, will not be recorded in CRM so they will not interfere with the reporting of Email Events for the original recipient
- BCC emails will have all dynamic content populated with data from the original recipient. For example, if it says "Hello John" for the recipient named "John", the BCC'd email for him will also say "Hello John". It will be an exact copy of the original email.
Domain records are necessary for web tracking to function properly and are also used to set a Web Content CNAME to brand links to Web Content records. Clicking this link will bring you to the same page as navigating to ClickDimensions > Domains in CRM.
Filters are used to specify specific IP addresses or domains for which you do not want to generate web tracking data. Clicking this link will bring you to the same page as navigating to ClickDimensions > Filters in CRM.
Inactive Leads and Contacts Settings
The Inactive Leads and Contacts Settings allow you to set how ClickDimensions will interact with your inactive records. For more details, please see our article here.
The ClickDimensions Import tool is a wizard that allows you to easily import a list of leads or contact into CRM as marketing list members or Event Participation records. Clicking this link will bring you to the same page as navigating to ClickDimensions > ClickDimensions Import in CRM.
The SSL Certificates option allows you to upload an SSL certificate for a domain from one of your Web Content CNAMEs to enable the use of HTTPS for those CNAME links.
Email Sending Domains
The Email Sending Domains allow you to setup and verify DKIM for your Email CNAMEs.
The Personalization Configuration option allows you to enable any CRM entity (native or custom) that has a many to one (N:1) relationship with your Contact, Lead or Account entities to automatically generate Freemarker within the New Drag and Drop editor or within the Subject field personalization menu. For more details, see our Email Personalization article.
ClickDimensions Integration Settings
Event and Meeting Connectors
The Event and Meeting Connectors allow you to set up connections to Microsoft Teams, GoToWebinar, ZoomWebinar, Webex Webinar, Eventbrite and CVent platforms to pull event data into CRM. Articles explaining event integrations can be found here.
Social Marketing Settings
Under Social Marketing Settings, , you can configure and review your social account settings, such as account owner, CName and time zone. Articles explaining Social Marketing integration can be found here.
SMS Connectors allow you to set up connections to Twilio, Bulk SMS, MessageMedia SMS platforms to pull sms messages sent and replies into CRM. Articles explaining SMS can be found here.
|Feature Added: Original
|Feature Updated: 2023.10.0
|ClickDimensions Version Need: Any